Body in Mind Nutrition endorses a mindfulness/ body-centered, non-diet approach to healthy eating, integrating nutrition education, intuitive/mindful eating practices, and movement/play. Emphasis is on getting away from the diet mentality and focusing on body-centered eating practices to help you control your eating behaviors.
Why this is not like any other Diet Program:
The absence of self-care and self-comforting techniques is why many diet programs help only up to a certain point. Typically, you don’t learn how to control eating behaviors while you lose weight, so you gain your weight back (plus). Most “Diet” programs only address what you eat, not why you may be consuming too much food. Your weight gain may be due to the extra calories that come from stress or emotional eating. The Body in Mind Nutrition approach to weight loss combines smart food choices and self-responsibility AND techniques to control the behavior of eating. This combination increases your long-term success and prevents the heartache of gaining your weight back.
- Increase Control of eating behavior without “dieting”
- Develop the ability to comfort yourself without using food
- Learn nutrition principles that prevent cravings and support your potential for energy while managing your weight
- Create a Daily Practice to Calm your Mind (and stop stress eating)
- Develop mindful eating practices with Yoga practices recommended
- Differentiate eating in response to biological hunger from eating in reaction to emotions