You can benefit from the assistance of a nutritional counselor if you...
Debra in the News:
Body Image and Your Child, Part IDoes anything freeze you in your tracks faster than someone commenting on your child’s body size? Is there anything that creates more embarrassment, shame, confusion, anxiety, or maybe anger, than “Has Johnny gained some weight?”?!
Read the Article Now!
Mindful EatingControl weight, improve nutrition by listening to your body’s signals
Like the counselor who advises people to stop and smell the roses, nutritionist Debra Benfield advises clients to stop and smell the food.
Read the Article Now!
Smart People PodcastInterviewing experts in their field, Smart People Podcast seeks to bring you the best. Recognizing Debra's expertise, she was invited to speak on February 1.
Listen to the Podcast Now!
Raising Confident and Comfortable Eaters:
a 4-week series
What is Body in Mind Nutritional Counseling?
Body in Mind Nutritional Counseling encourages self-responsibility; smart nutrition; bodies with strength and energy; ecological awareness; mindfulness practices; effective stress management; and the development of a healthy relationship with food and the body.
Together we will assess your lifestyle and belief systems and develop an individualized and livable plan creating changes in your life which support your best health.
What are the Benefits of Nutritional Counseling?
• Less fatigue and increased energy
• A Stronger Body
• Improved Sports Performance
• Smarter Food Choices
• Improvement in sleep quality
• Reduced symptoms of disease
• Mood Stability
• Possible increase in longevity
• Strengthened immune system
• Prevention of disease
• Improved ability to concentrate
• Greater control of eating habits
• Improved Body Image
• Weight management
• Confidence that your home eating environment is healthy for your children
Who Can Benefit From Nutritional Counseling?
• Fitness and Sports Performance goals
• Weight Issues
• Poor nutrition and eating patterns
• Disordered Eating
• Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
• Digestive Disorders, such as Celiac Disease
• General Nutritional questions
• Concerns regarding Menopause
• Heart disease
Debra is very active in sharing knowledge through
FaceBook and Twitter .
Click on the icons below to see her latest posts